Veterinary Clinic Careers
At Carlsbad Animal Clinic, we are always glad to accept resumes from enthusiastic, hard-working, dependable, team oriented people who wish to join our team of veterinary health care professionals. Contact us to learn more today!
Carlsbad Animal Clinic is looking for an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice!
Carlsbad Animal Clinic is a growing, full service, small animal practice which also sees some exotic pets! Our team oriented environment provides a supportive working atmosphere and an efficient clinic! Our work schedule affords ample time for family and other personal endeavors. We are looking for a doctor who is eager to help our wonderful clients and their families! This is a great opportunity to grow as a veterinarian, especially for those looking to practice their own medicine in a beautiful community!
- Free standing 4000 sq. ft. building, three exams rooms, separate waiting areas for cats and dogs
- In house lab (Idexx)
- Digital radiographs, digital dental radiographs, and dental unit with a high speed drill
- Surgical suite with two surgery tables and the latest monitoring equipment. Surgeries and dental procedures performed on a daily basis
- We offer excellent benefits, including a loan refinancing program for employees and family members!
Eddy County offers many outdoor activities including hiking, caving and biking. Water skiing, boating and fishing are available on the Pecos River which winds through Carlsbad. Carlsbad Caverns National Park is minutes away and winter sports are available approximately two hours away. Carlsbad is a friendly community with many amenities conducive to family living. Our school system sports the highest paid teachers in the state. Carlsbad is a great place to live and practice veterinary medicine!
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in New Mexico.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth.
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!